When the US based manufacturer of millwork contacted us, their design team had already achieved major milestones in creating DriveWorks configurator. However, given the higher number of design variations for louvers, getting through the final outcome by automating the entire process the manufacturer needed a DriveWorks expert on board.
- Our automation team analyzed their SolidWorks model and sales sheets to examine the process flow.
- At client’s end was their resources fell short of utilizing the full capabilities of DriveWorks as they had separate model for every project.
- It was also needed that the client should be able to continue using their current pricing calculation programmed in MS Access database for sales process on the front end as they didn’t want to revamp the whole pricing process.
- Hitech automation experts started by examining the scripts and configurator rules developed by their design team to eliminate the configurator malfunctioning.
- Our experts created and modified the design rules based on sales sheet and the master models to widen their use.
- We installed DriveWorks Autopilot Live mode at the backend and used plugins to fetch data from MS Access database at frontend.
- It allowed DriveWorks to keep a watch on MS Access database and any new entry found in the data table could be fetched directly for creating customer drawings, quotes and initiate creating them in SolidWorks.
- We also generated coversheet and quotation document along with collected all the product drawings for any particular order to email it to the end customer.
MS Access Database for Sales Process DriveWorks Configurators
Expertise of Hitech’s DriveWorks team’ allowed recreating the master models in a way that the client now could create a multiple product variant with one master model and drawings for which they used a separate model for different products. The team developed automation at three levels namely for CAD drawing, quoting and auto email setup.