Converted 3D Scanned Point Cloud Data for an International Broadcast Center in UK
3D Laser Scanning & BIM, London, UK
Convert 3D scanned point cloud data of an international broadcast center into an information rich, intelligent BIM, with LOD – 300
BIM experts resurfaced the point cloud models into 3D BIM (LOD-300), ready to be loaded with the required information.
Client Company, one of the leading players in 3D laser scanning & BIM headquartered in London, UK, approached Hi-tech for surface reconstruction and conversion of scanned data of an International broadcast center into an intelligent BIM. Client conducted a survey of the ‘As built structure’ and derived point cloud data via laser scanning. 185 GB of scanned data was provided, and a BIM with level of detail – 300 was requested.
- The client wanted us to detect and rectify errors in the point cloud with accurate BIM modeling within 24 days.
- The total data size provided by client was about 185 GB & to work with such heavy data files was really a difficult task.
- The input files were in the form of 3D scanned images in which few of the scanned inputs were not clear & some of the building data was missing due to improper scanning, leading to complexity of resurfacing and modeling.
- The building area was large and also consisted of complex steel structure.
- Modelers imported all the scanned images in Revit, and a model file was set up. 10mm accuracy modeling was done.
- The scanning was not up to the mark, however extra efforts were put in, flaws were mitigated and a the building data that was missing was virtually created, based on engineering assumptions and parametric images
- The company communicated several project details, assumptions and requirements with the client and finally, successfully created an architectural and structural building information model.
- 3D Scanned images of International Broadcast center were resurfaced and converted into BIM, replete with all the architectural and structural details
- 10 mm accuracy helped create error free and intelligent Building information models and LOD -30 was maintained
- Project delivery done well within the deadline resulting in decreased overall project time.