Converted 3D Scanned Point Cloud Data for a College Backyard Mechanical House, UK
Architectural Engineering and Construction, UK
Convert 3D scanned images of college backyard mechanical house into intelligent BIM with LOD 300 with Architecture & Structure & Equipment spacing.
All the scanned point clouds and images in .rcs format were imported to Revit, and converted into a BIM with LOD 300 with all the Architecture & Structure & Equipment spacing details.
well known building construction company in UK, approached Hi-Tech to develop a building information model of a backyard mechanical house for a college avenue. Large .rcs files were provided, these included point cloud models and parametric images. Client required BIM with LOD 300 and complete Architecture & Structure & Equipment spacing details.
- Scanned data was inconsistent, lot of inputs were missing and some parts had to be recreated solely based on engineering assumptions
- Management of massive volumes of scanned data
- 360 degree image for an over building view was missing in the input files
- The process was time consuming and work had to be completed in pressing deadlines – within 14 days
- The work started by dividing teams to work in shifts so that the project gets processed 24×7
- All the files in.rcs format were imported into Revit and divided into sections
- A model file was set up and modeling was done with 10mm accuracy, and LOD 300 as requested by the client
- Detailed architectural, structural and equipment spacing information was included
- The missing sections were recreated based on engineering assumptions
- At this stage, communication was set and approvals were taken from the client for the restructured parts for which input data was not available.
- With efficient project management, point cloud data was converted to BIM and delivered in a record time frame of 13 days.
- Ever changing spatial requirements in the mechanical house, were addressed efficiently each time due to the availability of an information rich BIM
- Information rich intelligent BIM, provided a thorough documentation of the as built structure
- As a result new equipment set up became easy and clash free
- The management managed to save a lot of cost and time in the process of catering to the changing spatial requirements