Revit Families for Manufacturing & Installation of MEP Equipments in Europe
Sustainable Energy and Environmental Solutions, Europe
Efficient Manufacturing and installation of MEP equipments in an education building.
The team created different parametric Revit MEP families of plumbing fixtures, lighting, pipe accessories, electrical fixtures, Mechanical equipment etc to enable efficient manufacturing and installation of these MEP fixtures.
A company offering sustainable energy and environmental solutions approached Hi-Tech with the project for creating detailed Revit MEP families for manufacturing of MEP equipments.
The client, a Europe based company, is one of the largest energy suppliers in the world and offers a unique combination of expertise in Energy Efficiency and other sustainable solutions from design and installation of local and renewable energy solutions to integrated services.
- From one single product dimension, an entire set of families had to be created successfully.
- Understanding the project was very critical, and a team member had to be deputed at clients site for around 3 months.
- Client provided inputs in the form of PDF files with manufacturing details of MEP equipment.
- The designs were analyzed and a lot of changes were done, and around 250 families were created using Revit 2014
- Initially offshore support was extended however, as the project progressed, a team member had to be deputed at client’s site for around 3 months, to understand the project well.
- This person deputed executed the onsite task with close coordination with the client’s team and successfully completed the project.
- At the end of this project that lasted for around 6 months, a detailed Revit MEP Parametric Family was delivered.
- The Revit family creation helped streamline the manufacturing process.
- Management of content for the manufacturing of MEP equipments became easy’.
- The MEP equipment and supporting devices were installed into the building shell more accurately.